Re: Painter Fuzzy Node in github

From: Johan Ceuppens
Subject: Re: Painter Fuzzy Node in github
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 14:29:37 +0100

I'll be far more direct in this email, and I expect my involvement in this thread to end with this.

I am not going to reexplain everything, I direct you to the wiki with node Fuzzy if you do not know anything about AI based approaches. I know about selectors and using strings for them, I am far better in C and C++ than ObjC and I know what STL can do for you.
I am learning it by writing a GS based library. I don't want to put it immediately in GS svn or get svn access or something. I'd run my own server for that. I'll respond with code where GS can link against and then you'll see the results.

I may comment again if you have a significant proof of why your approach is good. I don't think anyone's opinion will be swayed until you have a small demo UI library written in clean, idiomatic Objective-C demonstrating benefits of your approaches. At that point we can discuss /whether/ to /consider/ adopting the approach into gnustep-gui and gnustep-back.

OK. that's what am writing it for but it probably belongs in QuartzCore.

Either way, I can put it in as a game library developed with and for GS and GS games.

If you do so and it proves useful, we can reexamine your approach.

Of course, now it is still unusable, writing a simple parser and everything for it takes time.

Please do not reuse the name Opal for this unrelated library.

Sure.

`Enry