Re: PCButton - tracking rect

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: PCButton - tracking rect
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 08:53:36 +0200

Hi Sergii,

Sergii Stoian wrote:
I've wrote tooltips for ProjectCenter PCButton's implementation. After that someone has copied this implementation into NSView. I looked into ProjectCenter sources long time ago. I was convinced that PCButton's private tooltips implementation was replaced with NSView's.

I removed the custom ToolTip implementation in PCButton and removed the custom stuff. Now, very little of PCButton remains, just some graphic settings, essentially.

The good news is that it works as before.

The bad news is that there were certain bugs in the tooltips and they remain :) This means.. that the NSView implementation has taken them over 1 to 1.

With windowmaker, some tooltips work, sometimes they don't show, the behaviour is
- move pointer over button
- TT doesn't show
- while it doesn't show, the WindowMaker icon gets grey (looses Application Icon) and sometimes even jumps (focus lost?) - slight mouse move over the same "target", ToolTip appears and WindowMaker shows app icon again, everything fixed

I remember discussing this a while back with Fred. Do you notice that too? I'm testing with ProjectCenter, I will look for other apps that have tooltips, but now PC should be really "standard".

Riccardo