Re: [gnustep/libs-gui] NSPopUpButton's popup menu in pulldown mode displ

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: [gnustep/libs-gui] NSPopUpButton's popup menu in pulldown mode displaying fix (#43)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:34:02 +0200

I've mode discussion to mail list as Fred asked me.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 12:18 PM Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Some of the changes of this pull request are obviously correct. What I doubt is the overall change. Why would we want to display the title item (that is the first item in a pull down) in the menu?
This is the main difference between pull down and pop up and it is well documented.

Do you mean GNUstep documentation or Apple?

I just tired this on Cocoa and the difference is still there.

What particular difference did you observe from practical point of view? What consequences do you expect?

Of course changing this would simplify the code here a lot and I would love to see that, but this changes the whole appearance of pull down items and this needs to be decided on a completely different level.

So we're here.
Any thoughts, guys?

Sergii