Re: crash when using local display but not remote

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: crash when using local display but not remote
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 00:37:25 +0100

Hoi Fred!

Fred Kiefer wrote:
> You won’t have to look up the WINGs documentation. In most cases we do not
> use a separate Wraster library but have copies of the files in this
> directory. The one you are looking for is util.c, but first check your
> configuration look whether the Wraster library gets used or our local files.
> It could well be that there is an issue with that code. Or the opposite may
> be true and you have one of the rare cases where Wraster is available but
> faulty. But that is highly unlikely.

I guess it is not used/detected. In config.log:

WITH_WRASTER='no'

as the output LIBS:

LIBS='-L/usr/lib -lart_lgpl_2 -lm -lfreetype -lz    -lXt -lXext -lX11  '

given that I have:
#define XSHM 1

that is the path taken.

As a final test, I commented out "free" inside

RDestroyXImage

And it does not avoid the issue! The issue instead appears to be the
XDestroyImage call, commenting out that, I get no crash.

As I check, the "non" shared path is taken.
RDestroyXImage rx->image is not shared!

What's going on?

Riccardo