Re: crash when using local display but not remote

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: crash when using local display but not remote
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:27:02 +0100

> Am 19.02.2020 um 00:37 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>:
>
> Fred Kiefer wrote:
>> You won’t have to look up the WINGs documentation. In most cases we do not
>> use a separate Wraster library but have copies of the files in this
>> directory. The one you are looking for is util.c, but first check your
>> configuration look whether the Wraster library gets used or our local files.
>> It could well be that there is an issue with that code. Or the opposite may
>> be true and you have one of the rare cases where Wraster is available but
>> faulty. But that is highly unlikely.
>
> I guess it is not used/detected. In config.log:
>
> WITH_WRASTER='no'
>
> as the output LIBS:
>
> LIBS='-L/usr/lib -lart_lgpl_2 -lm -lfreetype -lz    -lXt -lXext -lX11  '
>
> given that I have:
> #define XSHM 1
>
> that is the path taken.
>
> As a final test, I commented out "free" inside
>
> RDestroyXImage
>
> And it does not avoid the issue! The issue instead appears to be the
> XDestroyImage call, commenting out that, I get no crash.
>
> As I check, the "non" shared path is taken.
> RDestroyXImage rx->image is not shared!
>
> What's going on?

I still don’t know for sure what is going on here. Most likely we are
overriding some other data when copying the image. To prevent this I made the
pre conditions of the new code explicit. If these are not fulfilled no app icon
for WindowMaker will be created. I also changed the code to only create this
icon for WindowMake, that way less systems will be affected by this issue.
Could you please try again on your Letux?