gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Time for a snap release due to the leapsecond change!

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Time for a snap release due to the leapsecond change!
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 07:25:16 -0400

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
>> > It's time for a snap release due to the leap-second change!
>>
>> Why the "snap"?.  This one is over and the next one won't happen for a year
>> or two.
>
> Because the leap-second constant in the existing binary packages (used
> before the sensor gets leap-second from the sats) is 15.  As of about
> 36 minutes ago that value is wrong.

As much as I don't like having packages download bits, it might be nice
to have a leap second file and a way to grab the new one from usno, so
that release and leap second update can be decoupled.  But it may not be
worth the effort, since it seems to only affect a few devices which are
arguably broken by design.