gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Using multiple location sources to improve accuracy and r

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Using multiple location sources to improve accuracy and reliability
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:40:41 -0700

Yo Chris!

Apologies for answering you questions in reverse order.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:22:53 -0700
Chris Kuethe <address@hidden> wrote:

> A lazy search for "Garmin G1000 installation manual" doesn't give me
> any documentation on how to install one in an airplane. I bet there's
> a specification on where the receiver and antennas must be installed,
> and then a calibration screen for entering the specifics of that
> particular aircraft.

Nope, all it says it put the GPS antenna on the top and then casually
verify seemingly normal operation.  No calibration, just the RAIM.

On a transport category aircraft the height from wheels to antenna
will be added in by the Flight Management System (FMS).

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588