gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 04:11:58 -0500

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> Sanjeev's PPS is working, it is passed finr to ntpd.  The problem
> is gpsmon shows nothing.  We both have GR-601W and both see exactly the
> same thing; good PPS, but no PPS in gpsmon.

Working perfectly here with GR601-W and the EVK 6H.  Screenshot of the
former attached; Sanjeev, the PPS line is the really obvious one three
lines from the top of the packet window.

This is with gpsmon pointed directly at the device (gpsmon
/dev/ttyUSB0), not indirecting through the daemon. When going through
the daemon you won't get PPS packets in gpsmon; superraw mode doesn't
pass them through.  I should add that caveat to the manual page.

I think the smoking gun is the absence of "PPS edge" messages in Sanjeev's
gpsd log messages.  Edge detection is failing for him; Gary, is it for you?