gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Are we in good shape for a 3.11 release tomorrow?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Are we in good shape for a 3.11 release tomorrow?
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 13:16:26 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Sun,  1 Dec 2013 12:30:06 -0500 (EST)
address@hidden (Eric S. Raymond) wrote:

> Gary, what's the status of PPS for you?  Has it stabilized on behavior
> we can ship?

I found a few edge issues that are fixed.  My last issue, is old, but
is now visible since gpsctl now allow me to speed change.  If I run
the serial speed on a GR-601W to 38,400 or more, gpsd sometimes get the
serial timestamp for the new second before the PPS is detected.  Leading
to an off by one error.  Easy workaround is set the speed to 19,200 or
less.  I'm still pondering a real fix and do not see it as a show stopper.

> Assuming we can ship tomorrow, I think we'll be looking at another
> relatively short development cycle, with the major theme being
> time autonomy.

Works for me.

RGDS
GARY