gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] gpsd on debian

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] gpsd on debian
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 23:25:45 -0800

Yo All!

I just got an odroid-u2, a core 4-core ARM board that kicks the raspi
under the carpet:

http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135341370451

I popped on Debian Wheezy and it works great.

I can now confirm that the debian gpsd package by default does not work with
USB GPS.

The package starts gpsd this way:

    gpsd -F /var/run/gpsd.sock -P /var/run/gpsd.pid

But it never sees the USB GPS.

If I do the obvious, then things work fine:
        killall gpsd
        gpsd -n /dev/ttyUSB0

I'm not familiar with how the gpsd control socket thing works.  Can someone
give me a clue how to debug this thing?

BTW, I can sorta see why debian puts the gpsd clients in a separate
package as they puul in a ton of dependencies, but cgps does not need
many dependencies, so I think debian should include that in the bas
package.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588