gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:18:07 -0800

address@hidden said:
> My current belief is that solving that problem will require gpsd to go to
> using blocking I/O rather than nonblocking, because setting VTIME is only
> effective when blocking I/O is enabled.  The trouble is that I don't know
> how to make that change in a way that won't cause device opens to hang hard.

The context is opening things like /dev/tty.  Right?

I had similar problems ages ago.  I don't remember the exact context.

My solution was to use O_NONBLOCK to open the tty, then turn on CLOCAL, then
close and reopen without O_NONBLOCK.

That may be a wild goose chase, YMMV, etc.  That was on Linux.  I don't know
how portable it is.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.