gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Another query on terminology

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Another query on terminology
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:56:21 -0400

I have adjusted the text.  I realize it's a long slog to fix up all the
terminology, so what I put explains that gpsd grew up in a GPS-only
world and eventually we'll adjust the docs.    I expect the adjustment
to be not that much work, and that it's better to explain the plan even
if we never get around to following it.

There's some further usage issue between "a GPS" referring to receivers,
which I fixed.  (The satellite navigator's creed: There is only one GPS,
and it has three segments. :-)

I also adjusted the DGPS section, so that it doesn't say reference
stations send position errors (they measure pseudorange errors).