gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Another query on terminology

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Another query on terminology
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:01:25 +0800

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta <address@hidden>:

> Suggestion: we use either one of:
>
>    1. GNSS as a generic, and GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou as systems
>    2. GPS as generic, and Navstar, GLONASS, BeiDou as systems

I've been thinking about this as well.  Let's go with 2, it will confuse
most people less I think.  Go ahead and patch this.  Include definition
of "Navstar" where appropriate, and mention the ambiguity of "GPS"

OK, since there seems to be consensus on this, will start the patches.

No code will be touched.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane