gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible Bug in libgpsd_core.c

From: Neustifter Andreas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible Bug in libgpsd_core.c
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 08:23:14 +0000

Hi Gary,

I will test this on Monday when I back at the lab.

Andreas

> From: gpsd-dev <address@hidden> On Behalf Of Gary E. Miller On Freitag, 08.
> März 2019 03:56
>
> Yo Neustifter!
>
> Revisiting an old thread.  Not that I forgot, but because the solution was
> time
> consuming to create.
>
> > > I can also see that the
> > > regression test are failing big time since the downgrade is actually
> > > reported to the clients. Most probably this has unintended
> > > consequences for the majority of GPSd users.
>
> You had proposed a small patch that fixed a u-blox issue, but broke a large
> number of NMEA regressions.  Luckily only NMEA 183.
>
> > The problem is many GPS report, in a single cycle, the fix quality in
> > different ways.  gpsd has to merge them into a final mode.  That is
> > hard to do.
>
> Yeah, hard.  I moved the late in the packet processing test for fix
> downgrading
> back into the NMEA driver where it belonged.
>
> But that broke gpsd_error_model(), as well as a ton of regression tests.
>
> That led to not just a few compensating changes.  I could not figure any way
> change just a few things at a time.  So I ended up with a pretty large change
> the way driver_nmea0183 decides the current fix mode.  Also changes to the
> error modeling.
>
> Seems like a lot of the error modeling was just plain broken with NMEA, and
> likely some other drivers.
>
> The results just feels a lot better.
>
> The end result was just pushed to git head.
>
> Please test.
>
> RGDS
> GARY
> Gary E. Miller Rellim 109 NW Wilmington Ave., Suite E, Bend, OR 97703
> address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588
>
>     Veritas liberabit vos. -- Quid est veritas?
>     "If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it." - Lord Kelvin

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and confidential
and is for the exclusive use of the addressee. The person who receives this
message and who is not the addressee, one of his employees or an agent entitled
to hand it over to the addressee, is informed that he may not use, disclose or
reproduce the contents thereof, and is kindly asked to notify the sender and
delete the e-mail immediately.