gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible Bug in libgpsd_core.c

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible Bug in libgpsd_core.c
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:10:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:

[...]
Yeah, hard.  I moved the late in the packet processing test for
fix downgrading back into the NMEA driver where it belonged.

But that broke gpsd_error_model(), as well as a ton of regression tests.

That led to not just a few compensating changes.  I could not figure
any way to change just a few things at a time.  So I ended up with
a pretty large change to the way driver_nmea0183 decides the
current fix mode.  Also changes to the error modeling.

Seems like a lot of the error modeling was just plain broken with NMEA,
and likely some other drivers.

The results just feels a lot better.

The end result was just pushed to git head.

Please test.

That commit (f9621160) broke the gps-regress-eXplorist210 test. In addition to the usual output miscompares, it also causes errors from gpsd itself:

[...]
Processing test/daemon/eXplorist210.log
gpsd:ERROR: date is negative!
gpsd:ERROR: Write to RTCM sink failed