gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘scons 3.0.5

From: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘scons 3.0.5
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 21:19:49 -0300

El jueves, 28 de marzo de 2019 17:53:13 -03 Gary E. Miller escribió:
[snip]
> But, mostly academic without a nice Qt sample client...

To be honest I think (and note this is a personal appreciation) libqgpsmm is
an unnecessary wrapper as the only thing that allows it's to use a QTcpSocket
instead of a normal socket *but* without exposing it, so no way to use Qt's
signal/slot system.

And it will build with the same SONAME for Qt4 and Qt5, so it can't be an
option for both at the same time.

I think something along:

<http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/2018/11/using-libgps-instead-of-libqgpsmm.html>

is a much better solution. It's basically using a QSocketNotifier around the
exposed gpsd socket, making signal/slots available and thus blend nicely
within Qt.

For what I could test this works pretty nice.

--
12: Es posible insertar imagenes en los documentos y archivos al
trabajar con Word

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/