gpsd-dev

Re: b32ff1a86 Breaks OSX and FreeBSD

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: b32ff1a86 Breaks OSX and FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:50:03 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 09:39:52 -0500
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Agreed that changes during pre-release should be very limited and
> proposed for review (other than doc fixes etc.).

Yes.  And this was very limited and now, almost, well reviewd.

> The other option is to fix it and
> then restart the "are we ready for release process", with at least 7
> days between all-fixed and release to allow people to test again.

Thanks for the fix.

The whole point of the "ready for release process" is to find, and fix,
the last nits.  If we restart the clock on every last nit found and
fixed, we'll never get done.

> But if we didn't have destabilzing changes in the days before release,
> it wouldn't be gpsd!

I prefer to think of it as a stabilizing fix.  Another bug crushed.

Right now the only thing that I see is the pending IPv6 literal fix.
When that is in the release will be close.

Should it be called 3.20, or 4.0?  I'm inclined to make this 3.20,
for the same reasons Linux released 4.20.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588