gpsd-dev

Re: Invalid position given by Telit HE910-EUG

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Invalid position given by Telit HE910-EUG
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 13:17:06 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Sun, 05 Apr 2020 11:25:49 -0400
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not even really clear on the need to check time_t;

Some of the regressions give different results between 32-bit time_t and
64-bit time_t.  Note that the next GPS Week roll over happens after the
2038 overflow.

So, the time_t check is not optional.

> That build/run should obviously be conditional on not doing cross
> compliation, with the usage either skipped or somehow worked around if
> so.

It has to be run, somehow.  Ideas and/or patches welcome.

Sadly, at this point, gpsd has no way to know if you are cross-compiling
or just compiling with an alternate tool chain.  Since no one has come
up with a good way to autodetect cross-compile, we'll like need a bulid
option.  Before that some cross-compilers need to step up and help.

> You could try removing this from SConstruct, and either 1) find that
> the definition added isn't used or 2) put a definition for your
> target there manually.

Or, better yet, find a better way to test for time_t, but a config option
might work.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588