gpsd-dev

Re: gpsmon segmentation fault

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsmon segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 13:52:28 -0700

Yo SZIGETVÁRI!

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 22:43:24 +0200
SZIGETVÁRI János <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using the source code of the 3.20 release, so that's to be
> expected.

Why not git head?  Any fix will only be in git head.

> > Or, maybe a threading issue.  To test the thread hypothesis, comment
> > out this line in gpsmon.c, rebuild and test:
> >
> >             pps_thread_activate(&session.pps_thread);
> >

> Okay, I did exactly what you asked, however gpsmon still crashes at
> the same place:

Thanks.  So prolly not a threading thing.

Which leaves me back at a bad ncurses.

This happens really early in the initialization.  Almost all boilerplate
to that point.  I don't see where the code could be wrong before the
fail point...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588