gpsd-dev

gpsprof: higher resolution

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: gpsprof: higher resolution
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 10:16:15 -0400

I just did a test of a u-blox M8P with very high quality RTK (data from same antenna) and high precision (seven decimal place) NMEA output. Running 12 hours of results through gpsprof yields CEP of a few millimeters; very cool!

But the gpsprof plot isn't very useful; see attached. I'm guessing that I'm running up against some limit that prevents getting a proper scale for the very small values.

If someone can provide me a pointer to a likely place to hack gpsprof to allow mm level scaling, I'm happy to go in and try it.

Thanks,
John