gpsd-users

Re: RINEX file unable to be processed

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: RINEX file unable to be processed
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 09:32:34 +0100

Yo David!

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 19:28:14 +0100
"David J Taylor" <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

And it told you to set WRITE_PAD.  Did you do that?  Like this:
export WRITE_PAD=0.005

The error message "maybe increase WRITE_PAD (= 0.0)" gives me no hint
whatsoever how to fix it.

It may not be clear, but is is exactly how you fix it.

Perhaps add that to the Web page?

It is already in build.adoc

The gpsrinex command didn't appear to terminate for some time after
the gpsfake command completed.

Correct.  gpsfake never finished, so gpsrinex waits.

As this is the first time I have ever
run gpsfake I had no idea whether it had hung or what.  As the
gpsfake command had produced an error message, and the gpsrinex
appeared to be hung, I used ^C.  How long should I have waited?

You did the right thing, so I fail to see your issue here?

RGDS
GARY

Thanks, Gary.

I googled for "WRITE_PAD" and "build.adoc", where it says to report the experience. Please consider it reported.

"[You] fail to see my issue"

It was not obvious to me that I would need to ^C out of gpsrinex. Inexperience with both pieces of code.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk