gpsd-users

Re: RINEX file unable to be processed

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: RINEX file unable to be processed
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 16:16:40 +0100

  pi@RasPi-23:~/RINEX $ gpspipe -x 1 -R 192.168.0.132 > 1m-raw.ubx

  gpspipe: could not connect to gpsd 192.168.0.132:2947, can't connect to
host/port pair(-6)

and I don't know how to make RasPi-22's data accessible to RasPi-23.

At a guess gpsd is only listening on localhost, or it is listening on
the address but the port is firewalled

Cheers

Arne

Thanks, Arne. I can ping RasPi-22 from RasPi-23, but I don't know how firewalls operate on Linux.

I suppose I could gpspipe on RasPi-22, and then simply copy the .ubx file for Gary. That would mean using the 3.20 of gpspipe (which exists on RasPi-22), but perhaps that might be good enough?

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk