gpsd-users

Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python

From: Beta Tester
Subject: Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 12:45:54 +0200

i now added my own client side reconnect in case of at least 60s nonstop
"abnormality" - getting nonstop no valid data or getting the same response over
and over.
i see no other way without changing everything.
maybe i use `gps2udp` later or go a complete different way, but not now.

... thank you for all the hints and suggestions.

i just run in the same situation with `xgps`. it stopped updating the
values/view and the process consumed abnormal high CPU load.
so i guess it stucked in getting invalid or same response over and over again.

so this issue seems not be related to my used multiple threading.Thread().
it must be the poor WiFi connection in combination of how the os, python or
`gps.gps()` reacts to that frequently short interruptions.
i mean that on the client side the socket does not noticed that the gpsd-server
detached the gpsd-client and the gpsd-client provides only `not gps.valid`
response or `gps.valid` response that never changes.
or missed i something, to determine if the gpsd-client was detached by the
gpsd-server in a rock solid, bulletproof, reliable way?