gpsd-users

Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python

From: Beta Tester
Subject: Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 21:48:02 +0200

> > i now added my own client side reconnect in case of at least 60s
> > nonstop "abnormality" - getting nonstop no valid data or getting the
> > same response over and over. i see no other way without changing
> > everything. maybe i use `gps2udp` later or go a complete different
> > way, but not now.
>
> Care to share your solution?

but it is not what you think it is or what you would like.
it just restarts the gps worker, when its thread isn't active.
relying on that i finish the gps loop, when its responses looks "abnormal" to
me from that what i am expecting at the moment.
- i expect not getting the same response (hash) nonstop for a given time.
- i expect valid response in a given time.
(the invalid detection is maybe useless, because response hash also coverst at
least some of thoses cases and at the moment all restarts were because of
nonstop same response hashes)

but at the moment it meets my requirements

https://github.com/beta-tester/python-gpsd-client/blob/main/gps_issue.py

https://github.com/beta-tester/python-gpsd-client/blob/c55ed91b46b16c927e578a42c6f4b724f819381b/gps_issue.py#L553
#555 .. #569 - detection of nonstop same response hashes
#571 .. #583 - detecting of nonstop invalid responses

#667 .. #672 - starting new gps workers, when old one is not activ

PS.: i am sorry, when i sometimes forget to change the eMail address to
gpsd-uusers. it is not my intention.