gpsd-users

Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 13:57:17 -0700

Yo Beta!

On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 21:48:02 +0200
Beta Tester <alpha-beta-release@gmx.net> wrote:

> > > i now added my own client side reconnect in case of at least 60s
> > > nonstop "abnormality" - getting nonstop no valid data or getting
> > > the same response over and over. i see no other way without
> > > changing everything. maybe i use `gps2udp` later or go a complete
> > > different way, but not now.
> >
> > Care to share your solution?
>
> but it is not what you think it is or what you would like.

I try to avoid mind reading.  Save us all a lot of confusion.

> it just restarts the gps worker, when its thread isn't active.
> relying on that i finish the gps loop, when its responses looks
> "abnormal" to me from that what i am expecting at the moment.

I'm done as soon as you mention "thread".

> - i expect not getting the same response (hash) nonstop for a given
> time.

Not a good expectation.

> - i expect valid response in a given time.
> (the invalid detection is maybe useless,

Once again, we'll have to disagree.

> because response hash also
> coverst at least some of thoses cases

There is no response hash.

> but at the moment it meets my requirements

Seems to work for others for decades, so no surprise there.

> https://github.com/beta-tester/python-gpsd-client/blob/main/gps_issue.py

I'll not bother to repeat my previous issues with your code.

> PS.: i am sorry, when i sometimes forget to change the eMail address
> to gpsd-uusers. it is not my intention.

Maybe get a better email client?

RGDS
GARY