Re: [Groff] geqn problem?

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: Re: [Groff] geqn problem?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:48:58 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew Koenig writes:
> I think I see the problem:  when I install groff, it detects that
> there is a set of -ms macros already installed as part of the
> vendor's system and uses that one instead of its own.
>
> Apparently the system-installed -ms macros aren't quite compatible
> with groff.
>
> I've been hunting through the documentation and the configure script,
> but so far I don't see how to turn that off.  Do you know?

Didn't groff used to *always* install links to the groff verions of
the "standard" macros (ms, me, mm) with a "g" prefix?  (-mm was
available as -mgm) Didn't it recently change to *not* installing these
prefixed versions *unless* the system already included other versions
of those macros?

When using groff-macro-specific features it was useful to know that
you could always get groff's mm if you did -mgm.

--
T. Kurt Bond, address@hidden