Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals

From: David A. Case
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:21:17 -0700

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007, Frank Jahnke wrote:

> I have a paper set in groff, and I wish to submit it to a journal for
> publication.  Their standard line is to submit in DOC or RTF formats;

It might be worth your time to explore alternatives to the "standard line".
See if you can talk to someone at the journal who is actually involved
production.  Many publishing houses say "submit a Word file", but all the ones
I have talked with hand-typeset equations in Word files anyway.  So a pdf file
might be enough for equations, with rtf for the text part.

For better or worse, LaTeX is the standard in the technical publishing world
for typesetting equations generated by authors without having a human being
re-enter them all.  It might be possible to try that sort of conversion
(perhaps via MathML as an intermediate).

...good luck...dave case