Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals

From: Frank Jahnke
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff html output, eqn and journals
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:15:52 -0700

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 11:16 -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> The good news is that there is probably a solution for you.
>
> The bad news is that it requires two pieces of software not yet released.
>
> If you run the development version of my doclifter program with CVS groff,
> you should be able to generate DocBook-XML with embedded MathML.  A program
> like xmlto might then be able to map it to RDF.
>
> I guess I'd better do a doclifter release.

I was not aware of the efforts behind doclifter, and this sounds like it
would be very useful.  Word is an unfortunate fact of life, and some
means to produce a troff document that can be edited in Word would
really be useful.

It turns out that the journal I'm considering is familiar with the
issues through TeX.  The have agreed to accept a PDF for the initial
submission, and once accepted, will work with me to get something they
can use to set the final manuscript.

I also second the question: why do you need the CVS version of groff?