Re: gropdf paper format diagnostic message and rev{i,er}sion plans (was:

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: gropdf paper format diagnostic message and rev{i,er}sion plans (was: gropdf landscape orientation support)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 13:36:42 -0600

Hi Deri,

At 2022-11-25T16:25:53+0000, Deri wrote:
> I will be releasing change to the error message when a download font
> is unavailable. Two versions, one for a non-existent file and one for
> not readable, along the lines you suggested. These will also trigger a
> non-zero exit code when run is complete.

Sounds good!  Push whenever you're ready.

> The freeeuro issue, I believe you are looking at this with regard to a
> change in devps.am.

Right.  I'll pull that first in my queue ahead of man(7)/pdf issues and
the recently awakened old slumbering two-headed beast of tbl and line
numbering.

> I think the only other thing I am waiting for are your thoughts on
> resurrecting BuildFoundries as a standalone program, with suitable
> documentation, that this should be the first port of call if you
> receive errors from entries in the download file.

I have doubts about my time availability to get this into the kind of
shape I'd like to see for 1.23.  I'm also wondering it wouldn't be
better in the long run if we got the long-desired increased parity
between grops and gropdf regarding foundries and such, and a shared
"download" file format between these two output drivers, before
increasing the visibility of these and our long-term support burden for
the tool generating them.