Re: How to contribute

From: Michał Kruszewski
Subject: Re: How to contribute
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 13:13:23 +0000

    Alas, groff's requirement for copyright assignment to the FSF ruled
    out contributions from me many years ago after the FSF's legal
    counsel confirmed they'd hold partial copyright on a non-groff work
    which contained code of copyrightable expression if I later used it
    in groff; the order in time doesn't matter.  The FSF want 100%
    ownership to enforce copyright but deny 100% ownership of that
    earlier work in doing so.

I do not get this.
Can you elaborate or provide an example?

Best regards,
Michał Kruszewski

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.