Re: drawing commands in groff(7) (was: undiagnosed pic error)

From: Douglas McIlroy
Subject: Re: drawing commands in groff(7) (was: undiagnosed pic error)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 09:54:29 -0400

Deri,

Thanks for concentrating our attention on detail.

Now I see that Branden hid some easter eggs for us to find.

1. An ellipse is said to have "diameter d". Actually it has principal
axes of lengths h and v.

2. There's a typo hv for the relative vertical position of arc center vc.

3. It isn't said that arcs run counterclockwise.

4. It could be said that the center of an arc is adjusted to the
nearest point on the perpendicular bisector of the arc's chord. This
would allay sticklers' anxiety about overconstraint  and sometimes
allow one to make a reasonable guess rather than calculating it. On
the other hand it may be TMI for many readers. (At least it doesn't
flaunt Lagrange multipliers.)

Doug