Re: drawing commands in groff(7) (was: undiagnosed pic error)

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: drawing commands in groff(7) (was: undiagnosed pic error)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 19:35:11 -0400

On Fri, Jun 09, 2023, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> At 2023-06-09T02:02:48-0400, Peter Schaffter wrote:
> > Hmm...  It might be a subtle point, but mom already compensates for
> > it any time \D't n' is used to set line weight in a macro.
>
> Ah.  Unless you compensated with \Z'\D't n'', then it sounds like I need
> to sync my pending fix for Savannah #64285 with a change to the mom
> macros so that no regression is perceived.

I've tweaked things so that all calls to \D't n' in the mom macros
are inside \Z' '.  The changes will be in my next commit.

> ...I think we should pull this [i.e. registering vertical motions
> of \D escapes inside diversions] down into the formatter and
> coordinate a cut-over to keep mom documents formatting happily.
> But for the broader issue, I have no time frame and no estimates.

As concerns the vertical motions of \D escapes not being added to
\n[.d], it will be trivial to update mom whenever you get around to
tackling the issue at the formatter level.

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca