Re: drawing commands in groff(7) (was: undiagnosed pic error)

From: Deri
Subject: Re: drawing commands in groff(7) (was: undiagnosed pic error)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 12:26:00 +0100

On Thursday, 8 June 2023 23:33:25 BST G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> It was there until literally days ago.  It seemed like such a subtle
> point that I thought I might get a Savannah ticket open against it and
> maybe even fixed for groff-next before anyone noticed.  Sorry.  :(

Be careful Branden. I know this strange behaviour is crazy, but because it was
documented in
more than 1 place it is a "feature" of the groff language, rather than a bug.
We have no way of
knowing whether this known behaviour is actually used by document authors, so
it may be a
mistake to alter the behaviour now.

Have you done the equivalent changes to the output drivers?

Cheers

Deri