Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 19:01:39 +1000 (AEST)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2023, G. Branden Robinson wrote:

        (x sup 2)

The 2) is NOT a thing. It is two separate things where there is a
missing seperator because of a user error.

Right.

Thanks. I hope I get it right after 40 years!

How should I define 'thing' before I start talking about it?

My solution (of recent vintage) in eqn(1) has been to leave our CS
brains exposed and use the word "token".

The original User Guide has no CS brains within earshot so I was hoping to avoid that word.

I might sleep on it ... for a few nights. Public holiday here this weekend

Thanks - Damian