Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:31:11 +1000 (AEST)

Looking the original user guide, it says

        By default, equations are set in 10-point
        type (the same size as this guide)

That was 40+ years ago. For 30+ years (by which time I had a decent laser print), I always thought that it should have read

        By default, equations are set in the font size
        as currently active where an equation occurs in
        a document.

Am I missing something?  What is correct in this day and age?

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer