Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 08:57:37 +1000 (AEST)

Hi Branden,

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023, G. Branden Robinson wrote:

Something I've done that had no precedent was that I added regression
tests to mm.  I hope the over time this will increase your confidence in
groff's implementation.

I find the groff_mm implementation is very good. But I only produce Postscript or PDFs documents and do not push its boundaries.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/contrib/mm/tests?h=1.23.0.rc4

It's a beginning.  I've got more mm fixes in my private branch.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/contrib/mm/ChangeLog?h=branden-2023-05-22

(That's a "private" branch; a personal, ephemeral one.)

Lots of fixes. You have been busy. I did not realise there were quite so many problematic issues.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer