Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms (was: EQN - special words)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:46:52 +1000 (AEST)

Users of 'eqn'

What characters do you use for in-line EQN delimiters, $ or # or something else.

I have used $ symbols for decades and just turn then off when I need to use a real dollar sign within normal text, subsequently turning them back on again when I need to.

But in trying to explain to others how to handle turning the delimiters on and off, I find my explanation is less than clear and I think moving to

        .EQ
        delim ##
        .EN

is an alternative which is easier to justify (and explain).

Any comment?

I have dollar signs in the text of my updated user-guide because I am trying to explain the use those $ delimiters and of macro arguments, i.e. $1, $2, ....

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer