gsl-shell-info

Re: [Gsl-shell-info] problem installing gsl-shell

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: Re: [Gsl-shell-info] problem installing gsl-shell
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:23:47 +0100

Hi Giuseppe,

that's strange because you are inside a folder "lua-5.1.4" which is a
folder of the lua sorce code. You are either trying to compile Lua
itself of otherwise you took a *very* old release of gsl shell.

GSL Shell does not need the installation of a Lua interpreter,
everything is included in the source code of gsl shell. Internally
LuaJIT2 is used to provide the underlying Lua implementation.

Please make sure to get the source code of gsl shell 2.3.1 from the
main download page, at:

http://www.nongnu.org/gsl-shell/download.html

or otherwise get directly the source code form the git repository
hosted at github with the command:

> git clone https://github.com/franko/gsl-shell.git

Then make sure the you installed the "dev" package of the required
libraries. You need the following:
- gsl library
- AGG library
- a BLAS library like openblas
- the readline and ncurses libraries
- the fox library

Then you can just do "make" and everything should work out of the box.
Optionally you may modify the PREFIX path in the file "makeconfig" to
choose the directory where you want to install gsl shell.

Francesco

--
Francesco