gsl-shell-info

Re: [Gsl-shell-info] problem installing gsl-shell

From: Lesley De Cruz
Subject: Re: [Gsl-shell-info] problem installing gsl-shell
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:06:33 +0100

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 08:42:25PM -0500, Giuseppe Paleologo wrote:
> I downloaded gsl-shell-2.3.1.tar.gz. I checked all the libraries. Fox was
> not installed, and I installed it. I am still getting exactly the same
> error, though. The OS is a pristine Ubuntu 13.10, with just a few languages
> installed via synaptic. At least I hope the problem will be reproducible.

Try removing the -march=i586 flag. That tells GCC to generate
instructions for the Pentium (32 bit), but your machine is a Core i5 (64
bit).

That flag is not present in the Makefile of the latest GSL Shell
versions, though. How exactly are you building it? Have you defined any
specific CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS (in makeconfig or in the environment)?

--
Best regards,
Lesley