guix-devel

Preferred blog format - Markdown or SXML?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Preferred blog format - Markdown or SXML?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 01:27:28 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to write a couple blog posts for the Guix blog [1].  The
guix-artwork Git repository [2] appears to contain the existing posts.
Most are written using SXML [3], but some are written using Markdown
[4].  Is there a preferred format?  Is there any reason why one might be
better than the other for certain situations?  Markdown looks easier to
write, especially since I will probably want to embed pre-formatted text
to show example code.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/

[2]  https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix