guix-devel

SANE / simple-scan working for anyone?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: SANE / simple-scan working for anyone?
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 14:03:26 -0500

Has anyone successfully scanned documents with SANE on a Guix System?

I just tried running 'simple-scan' with a CanoScan N1240U/LiDE 30
connected via USB, which has "complete" support according to the SANE
docs.  Although "lsusb" shows the scanner:

  address@hidden ~$ lsusb
  Bus 006 Device 002: ID 04a9:220e Canon, Inc. CanoScan N1240U/LiDE 30

'simple-scan' says "No scanners detected".  I took a look at the
'strace' output, and one thing I noticed is that it tries to open
/dev/usb/, which doesn't exist on my system.

Before I spend more time investigating, does anyone else have insight on
this?  Has anyone successfully used USB scanners on Guix systems?

        Mark