guix-devel

Re: SANE / simple-scan working for anyone?

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: SANE / simple-scan working for anyone?
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 22:57:56 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

Did you end up getting your scanning issue resolved? You may have seem my own scanning-related adventures over on help-guix [0] where I discovered that adding the udev rules from sane-backends was needed. The service definition that I used to add them is:

(simple-service 'sane-udev-rules udev-service-type (list sane-backends))

I found that looking at the output of `scanimage -L` from the sane-backends package (yes there are user-facing tools in there ☺) as both my user and root helpful.

Best,
Jack

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-03/msg00071.html