guix-devel

Re: Guix trademarked by Express Logic

From: mikadoZero
Subject: Re: Guix trademarked by Express Logic
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 20:31:40 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> The other Guix keeps coming up over the years.
> I don't think we have to do anyting because it's 2 separate fields
> of software.
> No problem unless one of the Guix starts making it one.

Reading the recent press release linked it is clear that Express Logic
is continuing to invest more in their Guix trademarked product over
time.  As a result of this it is increasing likely that Express Logic
could request that the Guix free software project stop using it's
trademark.  Correspondingly it looks less likely that it will just go
away.