guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:00:55 +0100

> The last time I tried the installer it didn't work on AMD(GPU) cards.  I'll
> give
> it another go.

I've experienced the same issue and I'm quite sure this is because the installer
uses KMSCON which only works with the proprietary amdgpu kernel module.  During
FOSDEM, Mathieu mentioned that KMSCON was chosen because it works better with
text/input encoding, if I recall correctly.  The solution would be to fallback
on something else with lesser encoding support, which is still better than a
black screen :p

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/