guix-devel

Re: Libre games that might be worth packaging :)

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Libre games that might be worth packaging :)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:06:36 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skrev: (18 mars 2019 16:32:26 CET)
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:
It's named "armagetronad". Shouldn't we name this
"armagetron-advanced"?

Instead of renaming the packages (whose names follow our packaging
guidelines) how about adding the full name of the games to the
description?

That would not help interfaces like Emacs-Guix and Helm-System-Packages.
I think names are more important than having obsolete packages :)

I agree.

What about adding a pretty name to show the user that matches the marketing name of the software?

Arch seems to have this and it is used in the gui tools like pamac but not on the command line.
We could solve this by adding a new optional field to the package record (pretty-name "Armagetron Advanced")

For the packages that lack this field I would in the gui display them like this:
(name "aircrack-ng") -> Aircrack-ng

--
Sent from my k-9 mail for Android.