guix-devel

Re: Libre games that might be worth packaging :)

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Libre games that might be worth packaging :)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:21:18 +0100

swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:
> Arch seems to have this and it is used in the gui tools like pamac but not on
> the command line.
> We could solve this by adding a new optional field to the package record
> (pretty-name "Armagetron Advanced")

Does it?  I could not find a mention of this in the PKGBUILD article:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgname

> For the packages that lack this field I would in the gui display them like
> this:
> (name "aircrack-ng") -> Aircrack-ng

Actually more like

  (name "aircrack-ng") -> Aircrack Ng

since hyphens are added by us.  In this specific example, it does not do
the right thing.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/