guix-devel

Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 10:59:21 +0200

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 07:11:17PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> The important remaining issue is that Xorg does not start on this
> computer.  Neither the radeon nor fbdev and not even vesa works, for
> whatever reason.  fbdev apparently is not supported.  VESA might be a
> fixable bug (it displays “(EE) VESA(0): Cannot read int vect” like
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/xserver-xorg-driver-vesa/+bug/1432899>).
> On other AMD GPUs the results may be more successful.  I have not
> tried other free distributions on this PC yet.

fbdev works for Xorg on the AMD GPU on Trisquel and Debian with
800x600 resolution at 75 Hz refresh rate.  It displays: “(==) Depth 24
pixmap format is 32 bpp”.

Perhaps the Guix config for fbdev is wrong.  I do not find a fbdev
configuration in xorg.conf.d, but I find none on Debian either.  This
is strange.

Regards,
Florian