guix-devel

Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 12:39:57 +0200

This is interesting.  I presume if you add modprobe.blacklist=radeon
to the kernel commandline, your system is degraded, e.g. the
resolution is lower?  The installer probably would have a lower
resolution, too, when booting it with modprobe.blacklist=radeon?  Or
maybe the radeon kernel module is not used at all?

Are you using current linux-libre or are you using an old kernel?

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 12:16:43PM +0200, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> Maybe Florian's issue is with an older card that does not support
> "ati" or "amdgpu".

lspci reports my card as Radeon R7 240/340.  According to Wikipedia
this GPU was released in 2013.  Xorg attempted to load the radeon
driver and not amdgpu.

Regards,
Florian