guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 23:53:09 +0200

On Fri, 2019-10-11 at 03:11 +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> > For what it is worth, I have some personal answers to some of these
> > questions here:
> >
> >   https://wingolog.org/archives/2019/10/08/thoughts-on-rms-and-gnu
>
> I largely agree with the thoughts you have expressed in this blog
> post. I think the original joint statement on the Guix blog should
> articulate these ideas in a similar way. The way the statement stands
> right now, it is too vague and open to misinterpretation.

I've also read Andy Wingos blog, and he has some very good points
there. Nevertheless, the statement on the GNU project should not have
been published on the guix-devel mailing list, rather gnu-system-
discuss. And the timing is very bad, in the light of RMS being hunted
by social media non-journalists, causing him to FSF and MIT, it is
extremely harmful for Free Software Development in general. Please,
moderate yourselves (all of you), please!