guix-devel

Re: “Guix Profiles in Practice”

From: Alex Griffin
Subject: Re: “Guix Profiles in Practice”
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 13:32:01 -0500

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, at 5:24 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Here’s a new blog post by Pierre Neidhardt entitled “Guix Profiles in
> Practice”:
>
>   https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/guix-profiles-in-practice/
>
> A great discussion on the benefits of manifests and on ways to manage
> several profiles!

Great article, Pierre! I've known for a while how to do all this, but I still
just used one big profile. Following along with your article, I finally went
ahead and split it up.

I noticed some typos though. This line has mismatched quotes:

> export MANPATH=/path/to/profile${MANPATH:+:}$MANPATH"

And this sentence is missing a couple words in the cookbook version:

--
Alex Griffin